St. Macartin's Cathedral Cemetery
ST. MACARTIN'S CATHEDRAL CEMETERY ENNISKILLEN CHURCH OF
IRELAND
St. Macartin's Cathedral Cemetery is situated in Church Street,
Enniskillen adjacent to Hall's Lane. There are a total of 245 marked
graves which includes flat stone slabs and a number of fallen
headstones.
The oldest visible date is 1698 and the most recent is 1927.
St. Macartin's Cathedral is not the original church, as the first church was called St. Anne, named after Anne the Countess of Enniskillen, and Wife of the Earl of Enniskillen and also a member of the Cole Family, some of whom are buried in the Vault in the Cemetery (Section H, No.13). The Cole Family were closely linked to the Parish, as Captain William Cole who was the founder of Enniskillen, was also responsible for building the Church. The only remaining part of the old church of St. Anne is part of the tower which is incorporated in the present church.
More information can be found in the booklet about 'St. Macartin's Cathedral' which can be purchased at the church
Survey completed 4th September 1986.
Last Name |
First Name |
Burial Location |
BURGESS |
Barbara |
D3 |
BURGESS |
John |
D2 |
BURGESS |
John |
D3 |
BURGESS |
William |
D2 |
Section D
#2 Stone slab (cracked at head).
John Burgess died 24th of May 1877 aged 45 years. Also William Burgess died 2nd January 1878 aged ?? years.
#3 Slab raised upon stones.
Erected by John Burgess of Killeyvilly to the memory of his beloved Wife Barbara Burgess who died 5th June 1874 aged ?? years. Also his son John who departed this life on the 25th January 1881 aged 35 years.